Location Based Damage

Discuss the pug server Elysium

Moderator: Blackout

Duo

Re: Location Based Damage

Post by Duo »

To be clear: I'm totally okay with having a discussion on making improvements to the game. But not from the standpoint of "change first, ask questions later." Don't just go fundamentally altering the game and then ask people afterwards if it should be changed back.
Last edited by Duo on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duo

Post by Duo »

Magyk wrote:I didn't actually configure Paddys, so don't throw me under the bus.

Sorry, I didn't mean to. But Guard specifically told me that (1)all servers have had it set to 1, and that (2)you modified his impulse template to set it to 0.

So who the fuck changed it to 0 at paddys?

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Just going to chime in that if Magyk doesn't remember changing this himself, then it was a nub is in ur forums. He had made a number of changes to the server CFGs (for whatever reason, sometimes bugs, usually cause he is a dumb shit) up until his ragequit.

Since Paddy's started much later, Magyk probabaly got the short end of the stick after nub never reverted his changes post-ragequit. I highly doubt this is Magyk's fault, he's not the type to go around messing with server settings.

Traditionally, the servers have always had location based damage. I even pulled up the old HELL cfg files and saw it set to 1.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Duo

Post by Duo »

So A nub is in your forum literally sabotaged the servers on his way out by changing it to 0. Beautiful.

LORD

Post by LORD »

Caesar wrote:I was wondering why my headshots were not as lethal as I remember.

I was thinking the same thing. One fast shot with scope in head should always kill, but it was'nt.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

EDIT: apparently it was ANubIsInYourForum, not Magyk, who changed it to 0. Fuck that guy.

100% behind changing it back to 1
Less QQ more Pew Pew

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

Duo wrote:So A nub is in your forum literally sabotaged the servers on his way out by changing it to 0. Beautiful.

Yeah, and its very likely there are other settings which need to be reverted, today I will do a comparison of the old HELL cfg vs Impulse to verify. If you want you can send me the latest Paddy's/Elysium cfg and I can also do a cross comparison to identify any other questionable settings.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

It's clear I'm in the minority and I'd be totally willing to set it to 1 but at the end of the day it is Sith's server and I can't make the decisions.

Duo

Post by Duo »

So has Sith fixed this yet?

Or are we going to pug on Laser's server from now on?

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Anyone who has the rcon pw for my server (duo, xeon, yo, blackout (if you've forgotten it, get in touch)) is welcome to /rcon exec pug.cfg any time if I'm not around. As long as you put it back to server.cfg, I don't mind at all.

That goes for you dudes who like to play korriban with knockback 0, too. You can do /callvote q knockback 0 and if the vote passes then you know a majority (and only a majority) want to play with knockback 0, so you can do /rcon knockback 0. Again, as long as it gets changed back (rcon exec server.cfg), I don't mind.

Bare in mind, upon execing server.cfg, the server may appear to crash for about 3 minutes. I don't know what causes this, but it's normal.

If the server DOES crash, plenty of people have me on Facebook, or you can email eurosiege@gmail.com. Both methods will come through to my phone; don't pm me here, I won't see it. Alternatively, xeon, blackout and duo also have cpanel access.
Less QQ more Pew Pew