Laming

Discuss the public siege server Euro Siege Public.

Moderator: Laser

Duo

Laming

Post by Duo »

I can make some anti-laming for the pub servers. I tried to remember some of the common ones:

• Codes/parts/crystals/scepter laming
  • Obj skipping/butlering
  • Taking walker back to 1st obj
  • Station laming with swoops

Any others I'm forgetting? (detpack laming was already fixed a long time ago)

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Re: Laming

Post by Magyk »

Accidentally/intentionally making the bridge retract on hoth.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Lift laming; I would like the lift to not be able to be called up from the infirmary.

Also, would it be possible for mines to not explode/disappear upon touching that same lift?
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Laser wrote:Lift laming; I would like the lift to not be able to be called up from the infirmary.

Also, would it be possible for mines to not explode/disappear upon touching that same lift?

Ability to call the lift should be dependent upon proximity of enemies.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

Magyk wrote:
Laser wrote:Lift laming; I would like the lift to not be able to be called up from the infirmary.

I didn't think of that, it's a much better idea.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

Duo

Post by Duo »

Accidentally/intentionally making the bridge retract on hoth.

This was already fixed a long time ago. It was one of the first things I made, and it's hard-coded into the mod (can't be disabled).

Is there ever any legitimate reason for the defense calling the lift up? (I'm talking about at the final objective here, not the hangar.) I feel like at the final objective it's almost invariably a liftlame. Especially because it takes a million seconds to fully ascend and descend, so even calling it up before the O spawns (i.e., when nobody is in proximity to you) still ends up being a lame most of the time.

Also, is there a consensus on jumping through the hole in the wall on Desert? When I played Desert, it was considered a lame. Not sure if fags allow this these days or not. This would be best solved via BSP mod (Xeon) to simply block your movement, rather than serverside killing/kicking.

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

I was thinking about the last objective when I asked about this. I'm not sure noobs know how to roll when they want to kill people at the spawn. I yews xeons patch because it fixes that wall thing and the final objective breaking.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

aradorasxeon

Post by aradorasxeon »

Laser wrote:I was thinking about the last objective when I asked about this. I'm not sure noobs know how to roll when they want to kill people at the spawn. I yews xeons patch because it fixes that wall thing and the final objective breaking.

Heh :) This is a common miscomprehension, but my patch only fixes the final objective, and if used client side, you can see the invisible cubes in stations. But if you keep pushing me I might try to fix that wall somehow....

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."

Duo

Post by Duo »

I hardcoded a fix for the last obj. I never really looked into it, but it was a simple fix. As for the invisible cubes, maybe there is some way to remove them serverside. I'll look for it.

God this game is buggy.

Magyk
Graphics Guru

Post by Magyk »

Sometimes I loop around the long way through the tunnel to the hangar spawn and then ascend the lift back to the hangar, especially if I'm playing a chill pub game and not a pug. But I guess thats a pretty rare instance.