Sith is great

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!
Duo

Re: Sith is great

Post by Duo »

Looking at the logs, here's what happened:

[1] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 2-0-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 4 ingame and eligible to vote;
[2] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 3-2-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 7 ingame and eligible to vote
[3] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 3-3-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[4] Elev calls p_d vote, it fails 3-3-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[5] Sith calls Desert vote, it passes 5-2-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[6] Pete calls Korri vote, it passes 3-1-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 5 ingame and eligible to vote
[7] Grab calls Hoth vote, it passes 2-0-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 3 ingame and eligible to vote
[8] Sith changes map to Korri with rcon
[9] Caesar calls Hoth vote, it passes 3-1-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 5 ingame and eligible to vote
[10] Sith changes map to Korri with rcon
[11] Trolling starts

Here's my opinion:

Sith shouldn't have changed the map with rcon. Yes, the Hoth vote at [7] did pass by a smaller number of players than the Korri vote at [6]. But you still could have just called another Korri vote instead of immediately resorting to rcon. Even though this would have been the *fifth* Korri vote at that point, it still would have been proper protocol and less controversial. [11] and beyond would have almost certainly played out differently had you used callvote instead of rcon to change to a map that had already failed three times.

However, the trolling that played out at [11] and beyond (including troll votes, /rcon mygeeto, and instructing a brand-new player to join a live pug via pm) was worse than the korri rcon forcing. As Onasi pointed out, ruining someone's first experience with Siege was the worst offense. I can understand you guys were frustrated, but escalating the situation and trolling a brand-new player certainly didn't do anything to help. We can just hope he comes back again. In the future, just do what I do and ragequit. Depopulating the server is the siege equivalent of "voting with your wallet."

Caesar wrote:@Duo, can we implement some voting system that requires x% of the server to be ingame before a vote-map is passed?

This is difficult to implement because of reasons people stated here. We tried this a while ago and there were issues with people being unable to call votes because of non-players sitting in spec. I'm open to ideas for good solutions to this problem.

Caesar wrote:maybe we could adjust the percent according to how many people are available to play.

What method would you use to determine whether someone is classified as available to play?

LORD

Post by LORD »

Locking teams after each game (we can also lock them after picking, be4 start), so playing ppl are unable to spec, they can just q if they dont want to play after game, rest will be able to vote.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Laser
Kopite

Post by Laser »

LORD wrote:Locking teams after each game (we can also lock them after picking, be4 start), so playing ppl are unable to spec, they can just q if they dont want to play after game, rest will be able to vote.

I don't think this would accomplish anything other than inconvenience to be honest.

I've apologised for trolling, we can all put this behind us when sith admits what duo has just shown, and apologises to us, rather than maintaining the 'my server my rules' attitude.
Less QQ more Pew Pew

LORD

Post by LORD »

Laser wrote:
LORD wrote:Locking teams after each game (we can also lock them after picking, be4 start), so playing ppl are unable to spec, they can just q if they dont want to play after game, rest will be able to vote.

I don't think this would accomplish anything other than inconvenience to be honest.

Agreed, but if there is no other option...
The worst thing in siege is waiting like hour to start a game or changing maps/voting by few ppl while rest is just sitting in spec and waiting to s/c process. If somebody don't want play same map again (hoth, nar, cargo for ex.) first he should encourage all playing ppl to join for voting, and accept the vote result, if u don't like upcoming map u can just spec or q like Duo does on korri/des.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!

Darth_Don

Post by Darth_Don »

KEEP YOUR HANDS OF THE PENIS AND THE CAPS LOCK

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

Looking at the logs, here's what happened:

[1] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 2-0-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 4 ingame and eligible to vote;
[2] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 3-2-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 7 ingame and eligible to vote
[3] Sith calls Korri vote, it fails 3-3-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[4] Elev calls p_d vote, it fails 3-3-2 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[5] Sith calls Desert vote, it passes 5-2-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 8 ingame and eligible to vote
[6] Pete calls Korri vote, it passes 3-1-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 5 ingame and eligible to vote
[7] Grab calls Hoth vote, it passes 2-0-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 3 ingame and eligible to vote
[8] Sith changes map to Korri with rcon
[9] Caesar calls Hoth vote, it passes 3-1-1 (yes/no/abstainNo); 5 ingame and eligible to vote
[10] Sith changes map to Korri with rcon
[11] Trolling starts

Here's my opinion:

Sith shouldn't have changed the map with rcon. Yes, the Hoth vote at [7] did pass by a smaller number of players than the Korri vote at [6]. But you still could have just called another Korri vote instead of immediately resorting to rcon. Even though this would have been the *fifth* Korri vote at that point, it still would have been proper protocol and less controversial. [11] and beyond would have almost certainly played out differently had you used callvote instead of rcon to change to a map that had already failed three times.

However, the trolling that played out at [11] and beyond (including troll votes, /rcon mygeeto, and instructing a brand-new player to join a live pug via pm) was worse than the korri rcon forcing. As Onasi pointed out, ruining someone's first experience with Siege was the worst offense. I can understand you guys were frustrated, but escalating the situation and trolling a brand-new player certainly didn't do anything to help. We can just hope he comes back again. In the future, just do what I do and ragequit. Depopulating the server is the siege equivalent of "voting with your wallet."

I would like to thank duo for clearing this up. +10 respect Eloquent rebuttal, wp

Now, if everyone will reference my chat log with sith, it is evident that he was clearly lying. Throughout the entire conversation, he maintained that my claim of abuse was completely false. I would like to second Laser's motion, and ask that all he do is apologize. Stand up, be a man, and admit you were wrong.

Secondly, don't blame Black and Laser for the Kori trolling, that one was on me. When sith rcon mapped korri, I joined and asked him to capt me. Now, the manner in which I capted him, should have betrayed my intentions, considering I ran around holding down mouse one. That aside, he won the duel, and we picked teams. I picked laser, black, and elev. (I think) It was me who asked my team to troll sith, by going all jan. That part is on me. That game lasted about 5 minutes before sith realized it was a massive troll. I left before anything further could happen. Sorry for creating that mess, but rcon map is an ability that should be used sparingly, and never 'just because'.

I was not present for the rest of it; however, I understand that after I left and after a reasonable map was picked, sith capted player x and barred laser and black. (from what I understand this is what happened). I am sure, had I been there, I would have been barred as well. So, to be clear, there were mitigating circumstances, that may have lead to this. /my2cents

@Duo: There are let's say, 13 people present, but only 8 are not speccing. The admin would type /players avail: 8, and therefore 3/4 of the people playing next match (8 players) would have to be present, in-game, before a map vote passes.

Darth_Don

Post by Darth_Don »

wuzzy/wazzy ?

GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Post by GUARD!AN »

I've said this many times before...there have only ever been maybe 3 good admins in the entire history of siege.

Plus, with Duo's mod there shouldn't be a need for admins anymore. Just have him patch whatever behavior is ban-worthy.

Caesar wrote:Guard, why did you give this lovely man admin on these boards?

He has admin for one subforum, and you chose that subforum to make a post raging at him for admin abuse? :lol:
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.

Caesar

Post by Caesar »

I did not choose to start the thread there; some other guy did, and I just wanted to put in my 2 cents :?