WHY WHY WHY ?????

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.

Re: WHY WHY WHY ?????

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Turky wrote:
GUARD!AN wrote:
piipe wrote:
GUARD!AN wrote:Does anyone other than Turkey actually want korri landos to have pistol?

guardian no no.. plz

is not a good idea we can play to show u why is a stupid idea

I fully agree. I think what i comes down to is that Turkey just doesn't understand the repercussions of this class change.

I do; it's actually less of a repercussion than the baton and pistol (for hoth at least).

but change korr wont change hoth... add pistol will kill the map

just think u can have on ur team a lando shooting everywhere without even fight
the only thing he need to do is shoot mines shoot rax jorises and shoot enemies from behind, what s the point on place mines...
with 1 shoot u kill a demo and kill other class

with a primary shoot u blow mines...

u cant turn face to the lando all time... think on scpeter obj u can have a lando shooting from the bridge to the altar blowing all mines, rax jorises wont have other option than spam and throw mines to ur face

LoL u TARDE
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Topic author
Highscores: 1
Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 10:59 pm

Postby Turquoise Dragon on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 pm

piipe wrote:with a primary shoot u blow mines...

Why I want.
Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Postby Turky on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Gonna reply to this post Duo style...

piipe wrote:but change korr wont change hoth... add pistol will kill the map

Hoth is killed too, and Desert too for that matter.

just think u can have on ur team a lando shooting everywhere without even fight
the only thing he need to do is shoot mines shoot rax jorises and shoot enemies from behind, what s the point on place mines...
with 1 shoot u kill a demo and kill other class

One very skillfully placed shot, at that... keep in mind EVERY class on korri has force jump. That brings things to a whole new level. Notice how reborn boss can pistol a bunch of gunners on hoth and des (easy), but a lando can't pistol a bunch of reborn bosses with forcejump and saberblock (not easy).

with a primary shoot u blow mines...

So? Spammy map, why not add a way to take out mines.

u cant turn face to the lando all time... think on scpeter obj u can have a lando shooting from the bridge to the altar blowing all mines, rax jorises wont have other option than spam and throw mines to ur face

ok uhh

1) Of course you can't always face the lando, it's up to the lando to make shots at those critical times or they won't hit anything since the pistol shot will just bounce

2) An chewie or snowtrooper or maybe even a demo can either push the pistol shot away, or block it. It'll change things sure, but you know what, the scepter is kind of a broken obj anyway. Any obj where you have to run directly past the defense spawn to get the obj is probably broken.

So I therefore have logical counters for all of your arguments thusfar...
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

turk u wont win this war ....

who cares if scpeter is a broken obj.. it s a obj that u must complete.. and on crystal obj also u can have a lando shooting to inside rooms.
about that saberblock and jump, etc... u dont understand this, the lando can be shooting from far away on 1st obj he can be shooting from spawn.. u cant be paying attetion to the lando all time

about the spam argument, that s not even an answer:

the only thing u will get is ppl not placing mines... if not ppl spamming and placing mines on ur face

turk korr is not a weapon map
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Topic author

Postby Turky on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 pm

piipe wrote:turk u wont win this war ....

who cares if scpeter is a broken obj.. it s a obj that u must complete.. and on crystal obj also u can have a lando shooting to inside rooms.

I could easily construct a much stronger argument about Hoth CC and reborn bosses/jans with batons (and I will right now). jans can take out their own mines and then go damage the CC, and reborn boss can mindtrick and/or jump to the long route and yews baton on the slants (which are otherwise not very killable by reborn boss).

So imp jans and reborn bosses have pistol and baton, even though it totally ruins the mechanics of that objective.

about that saberblock and jump, etc... u dont understand this, the lando can be shooting from far away on 1st obj he can be shooting from spawn.. u cant be paying attetion to the lando all time

But you can pay attention to a pistol shot coming from half a mile away...am I right? and it would take a shitload of standstill accuracy to be able to take out mines from that distance (like from bridge to altar). Throw in a potential D lando to counter that, who would force the O lando to get evasive and not be able to aim very carefully, and that provides a good counter to that tactic.

Sure, there'll be rax jorises who are so oblivious to their surroundings that they'll get pistoled from afar. But then don't they deserve it? The farther away it is, the more advance warning they get to be able to dodge it, right? So I'm not sure if the distance argument is a good thing here, it kind of balances it all out I think. Short range = more detectability but less reaction time, long range = low detectability but more reaction time.

about the spam argument, that s not even an answer:

the only thing u will get is ppl not placing mines... if not ppl spamming and placing mines on ur face

See my previous argument about how carefully you'd actually have to aim to hit a trip mine from even a medium distance. It's almost as hard as trying to rupt it, ever tried that? It's tricky.

turk korr is not a weapon map

You should be careful.. sabers are weapons, mines are weapons, trips are weapons, and batons are weapons. I would understand if I were aiming to add something like golans to this map, but I'll need to be better convinced about how and why pistol is so broken... especially because it'll be the pistol with 300 ammo AND no one on the attacking team can give cans!
:|

Anyway, you guys are welcome to test out these gameplay mechanics at SPUG...since korri landos have pistol there. If you can send me a demo clearly demonstrating why pistols don't belong there, then I'll back off.
Last edited by Turky on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turky

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:22 pm

ok lets pug on spug on korr i will show u...
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Topic author

Postby Darth_Wayne on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:31 pm

The game's been around for almost ten years and people are still this afraid of change? As long as pistol shots can't damage objectives I really don't see the problem. Let's not pretend Korri classes aren't completely broken in the first place and couldn't do with a total overhaul.
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 pm

fuck u jkb
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Topic author

Postby GUARD!AN on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 am

Darth_Wayne wrote:The game's been around for almost ten years and people are still this afraid of change? As long as pistol shots can't damage objectives I really don't see the problem. Let's not pretend Korri classes aren't completely broken in the first place and couldn't do with a total overhaul.

Pistol shots do damage objs in Korri. Like the Coffin.

And since Turkey doesn't deny that pistol will fuck up Korri I guess we are all on the same page :)
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 7:59 pm

Postby Turky on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 am

Darth_Wayne wrote:The game's been around for almost ten years and people are still this afraid of change?

yep. it's really sad.

GUARD!AN wrote:
Darth_Wayne wrote:The game's been around for almost ten years and people are still this afraid of change? As long as pistol shots can't damage objectives I really don't see the problem. Let's not pretend Korri classes aren't completely broken in the first place and couldn't do with a total overhaul.

Pistol shots do damage objs in Korri. Like the Coffin.

Force Push. We've already been over this. Only damages the coffin, at that, the rest it'll bounce.

And I'm pretty sure that my above explanations were meant to justify that pistols don't really fuck up korri, so it was no secret what my stand was on that. So saying that I "didn't deny it" is a pretty bad argument cuz I just shot it down. I'd think an engineer would think more logically than that.

But since you need it spelled out for you:

I don't think that pistols fuck up korri.

happy now?

Whatever Guard, keep being inactive in siege while being totally apathetic to the implications of your actions in a game you barely play and just saying "someone's really mad" instead of talking things out. Or at least that's what I appear to be getting out of all this... am I wrong?
Turky

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest