Dudes.....

Discuss the pug server Impulse.

Dudes.....

Postby Max Rambone on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:01 pm

It's not necessary to ban dudes from a server for dumb shit.

VOTE KICK FIRST PLZ and if they don't get the hint after that, plz2kick/ban.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
User avatar
Max Rambone
Ramboner
 
Topic author
Posts: 2661
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 am
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am
Karma: 16

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Turky on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm

dude is an extremely conservative serveur administrator

And I'm pretty sure that kicking Revan for specjoining in a live pug to foil a rush is justified. Fucking faggot can go die in a fire.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: the great communist world of china
Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am
Karma: -132

Re: Dudes.....

Postby piipe on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm

who is banned?
piipe
Beautiful Dude
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:53 pm
Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:01 pm
Karma: 3

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Max Rambone on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Turky wrote:dude is an extremely conservative serveur administrator

And I'm pretty sure that kicking Revan for specjoining in a live pug to foil a rush is justified. Fucking faggot can go die in a fire.


I'd like to think I admin the server the way Guard wants it admined or I wouldn't continue to get the rcon pass while others don't.

Anyway, kicking is not banning and if revan was vote-kicked for spec-joining, then I suppose he deserved it.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
User avatar
Max Rambone
Ramboner
 
Topic author
Posts: 2661
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:55 am
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:01 am
Karma: 16

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Turky on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:39 pm

I'd like to think that just because you aren't doing anything to piss off Guard doesn't mean that anything that you wouldn't do as an admin is wrong.

The inverse of a statement isn't always true. So it's not that you're adminning it the way he wants it adminned, it's more along the lines of you not adminning it in a way that he doesn't want it adminned. Those two statements, however, are not synonymous. The latter is true, but taking the inverse of that statement (taking out the negative qualifiers "not" and "doesn't"), thus forming the former statement, does not guarantee it to still be true.

Logic fail, again.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: the great communist world of china
Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am
Karma: -132

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Roflraptor on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Turky wrote:I'd like to think that just because you aren't doing anything to piss off Guard doesn't mean that anything that you wouldn't do as an admin is wrong.

The inverse of a statement isn't always true. So it's not that you're adminning it the way he wants it adminned, it's more along the lines of you not adminning it in a way that he doesn't want it adminned. Those two statements, however, are not synonymous. The latter is true, but taking the inverse of that statement (taking out the negative qualifiers "not" and "doesn't"), thus forming the former statement, does not guarantee it to still be true.


Lots of straw in that man. :)
Image
User avatar
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 pm
Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:01 am
Karma: -14

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Turky on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Roflraptor wrote:
Turky wrote:I'd like to think that just because you aren't doing anything to piss off Guard doesn't mean that anything that you wouldn't do as an admin is wrong.

The inverse of a statement isn't always true. So it's not that you're adminning it the way he wants it adminned, it's more along the lines of you not adminning it in a way that he doesn't want it adminned. Those two statements, however, are not synonymous. The latter is true, but taking the inverse of that statement (taking out the negative qualifiers "not" and "doesn't"), thus forming the former statement, does not guarantee it to still be true.


Lots of straw in that man. :)


Not really sure how, nor am I sure if you know all the underlying themes here.

Archi is much more hesitant to kick or ban problem players than the other presently assigned admins, and the only possible relevant motive I can see for his reply is to justify that because he still has admin, he must be adminning it "the way Guard wants it adminned." Which is really too strong of a way to phrase it, since it indeed can lead one to think that anything Archi doesn't do is probably wrong. And given his self-righteous demeanor, for all we know, he could have meant exactly that. Something less misleading could be "the way Guard would/might like it to be adminned." But all that aside, Guard actually seems to be considerably more susceptible to ban people than Archi is.

This is, of course, assuming that the gist of Archi's post wasn't simply a smug/sleazy way of saying "I yews admin conservatively so I don't lose it." Because that'd just be a pointless and redundant post.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: the great communist world of china
Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am
Karma: -132

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Roflraptor on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Turky wrote:Not really sure how, nor am I sure if you know all the underlying themes here.

Archi is much more hesitant to kick or ban problem players than the other presently assigned admins, and the only possible relevant motive I can see for his reply is to justify that because he still has admin, he must be adminning it "the way Guard wants it adminned." Which is really too strong of a way to phrase it, since it indeed can lead one to think that anything Archi doesn't do is probably wrong. And given his self-righteous demeanor, for all we know, he could have meant exactly that. Something less misleading could be "the way Guard would/might like it to be adminned." But all that aside, Guard actually seems to be considerably more susceptible to ban people than Archi is.

This is, of course, assuming that the gist of Archi's post wasn't simply a smug/sleazy way of saying "I yews admin conservatively so I don't lose it." Because that'd just be a pointless and redundant post.


I'm just saying, you rephrased it so that he was arguing that he was doing nothing wrong in order to keep admin and that this is what lead him to believe that he was using admin the way Guard wants it to be used.

When you say 'logic fail, again', you're attacking the position that he derived what he said through the yews of the illogical step you constructed. It's something you might have assumed he did but not something he has said he has done. Hence why I alluded to it being a straw man argument.
Image
User avatar
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 pm
Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:01 am
Karma: -14

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Turky on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Roflraptor wrote:When you say 'logic fail, again'

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=15388#p15381

Not sure what you thought I meant by it, but that's what I meant :P
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds
 
Posts: 3012
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm
Location: the great communist world of china
Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 am
Karma: -132

Re: Dudes.....

Postby Roflraptor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:29 am

Turky wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:When you say 'logic fail, again'

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=15388#p15381

Not sure what you thought I meant by it, but that's what I meant :P


My post was just concerned with the logic fail part. :)
Image
User avatar
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 11:43 pm
Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:01 am
Karma: -14

Next

Return to Impulse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron