Po White Boy...

Tell us your story. Tensor likes reading these.

Po White Boy...

Postby Max Rambone on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am

Well, I'm gonna start this and probably edit it a zillion times...

I've played the entire series of reborn boss, blah blah blah...

The important bit starts in JO when I really began playing MP games.....DarK Forces or whatever was cool, but no reborn boss and there were a billion hacks for it. (I had a gun hack that would kill everyone on the map no matter where they were...Needless to say, it was quite boring.)

So, CTF was my game of choice, though I didn't really have much skill with forces or a saber....I was not bad by comparison, but I felt I needed some training with a saber and force powers....The logical choice at the time was to join an FFA clan. I spent a lot of time on the most populated FFA servers and began learning the etiquette and what not...lol, or you get raped by admins.

I found a group of guys that called themselves The Fellowship of the reborn boss or FoJ. They were all pretty young (I was still in my early twenties at the time), but most of them were much more mature than many of the peeps I play with now. ( and they are the age I was then). I learned quite a bit and got good enough to beat all but the best couple of guys. Miyamoto....he was awesome...Wufei/Clouds remind me of him. Cool-headed and quite badass.

So, then JA comes out and I instantly start playing siege....discouraged at first because of the 'large' maps and objectives, but I soon got the hang of it. Just coming from FFA, I naturally played reborn boss almost exclusively. My next go-to class was snowtrooper...lol. jan was next.

Not very long after I became one of the regulars tearing shit up as a reborn boss, I started seeing peeps like Gabe, Clouds, Joe, and Tulkas. Of course, Tulkas and Clouds owned me landoing...Gabe and I had some nice trash-talking reborn boss battles and we developed our love/hate relationship. :)

Then I started seeing other Clans like JW, isc, NT, H3H, ....lol.... .CoM.

JW actually seemed like the clan I would want to be in with their teamwork and coordination, but I was still in FoJ and didn't want to leave the buddies I had made high and dry, so I convinced them to form a siege section since we had several peeps who were interested in siege. Flyin most of you older guys know, but there was a guy named Mystic who could have been a siege legend if he stuck around. We also recruited some really talented guys that learned what we taught them very quickly. In the end SWAT just flopped because there was constant bickering about this and that and I just tired of all the kid's table shit and quit the clan entirely. Flyin went to HRC and I just went loner on siege servers.

Eventually, I was approached by Neg and simp to join JW. I was kinda itching to join a siege clan, but I didn't really dig the whole clan hierarchy shit. Despite that, I decided to do the tryout thing or whatever they had planned for me. They had me go to some server they had that was on CTF and some map I had never played befere....Once I played siege, I forgot about CTF in JA. Anyway, they just wanted me to play them like 2 vs 1....I did well...Then another JW joined...and another until it was about 4/5 vs me...after about 30 minutes of this and no real conversation with them and no indication of what they expected of me, I asked them 'if this was a siege clan, why were we on a CTF map?' We eventually went to siege and played and they actually started lift-laming me 4 vs and said it was a legitimate strategy. I told them they were lame and left. Simpkin would never forgive me. :) Not that I wanted him to.

It was probably months later after spending a lot of time fucking around with the THU and mastering other classes that I was invited in with no conditions....To those of you who think that I think I'm hot shit because I was a THU are dead wrong. I know I was probably the least skilled person there at the time, but it was a great bunch of guys and I'm proud to say I could be a part of it.

I also got to play in the most Epic battle of classic siege and we beat the only clan that could have ever really beat us.

Once that was done, siege was never the same and Battlefront came out. Ganner, Clouds, R, and I played quite a bit for awhile. I think Clouds and R got bored with it and Ganner had to go and get hitched.

I went back to siege eventually and saw the rise of super spam brought on by the founding of lick....Then wallhacks and PT became the norm as well....I was kinda bummed, but I pressed on trying to be proficient at every class.

During this time, I met Pizza and we hit it off right away. For those of you who dislike Pizzaman, you don't really know the guy if you don't like him. So, I decided to be a sort of siege ambassador and help out to keep the game going however I could. Pops was paying for the lick server at the time and Pizza had a private server. When Pops decided to leave, Pizza made his server the main server and horton ran the boards....I'm sure most of you know the story from there...gets even more boring from here...lol

Oh, and I joined several pseudo clans such as Breakfast, CT (Killz and I had some fun with that one), NUKE, uh....probably more that I can't think of now....

I can't remember what names I first used, but I've been known primarily as:

USA

Archimedes

Lucky Charms

Max Rambone

~archi
Last edited by Max Rambone on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Topic author
Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 2:05 am

Re: Po White Boy...

Postby AchilleZ on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Ya i demand a my named be mentioned at least once archibol. :)
KiLz
AchilleZ

Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 3:05 am

Postby Turky on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

archibol gna b archibald b4 most of us :lol:
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 3:05 am

Postby Max Rambone on Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:57 am