ATTN: POSSIBLE PUGGERS

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!

Re: ATTN: POSSIBLE PUGGERS

Postby tens0r on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Lol siege pugs
tens0r

Local time: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:54 pm

Postby Ramshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm

tens0r wrote:Lol siege pugs

we had 5s korri the day before
Ramshi

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:54 pm

Postby Magyk on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I can teach hoth/nar jan to people who want to learn it. It's really not difficult at all with practice - and with more people being experienced at jan, we can stop having the same people (usually me, mike, xeon) play that class over and over.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Highscores: 3
Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:54 am

Postby Ramshi on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:25 pm

i dont mind janning on hoth or desert but please teach me on nar.
Ramshi

Postby waflz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Ramshi wrote:

already told him the joke that that was, with nothing but spam and greenD instead of blue
waflz

Topic author
Local time: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:54 pm

Postby Ramshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:54 am

waflz wrote:
Ramshi wrote:

already told him the joke that that was, with nothing but spam and greenD instead of blue

it was still fun, and fair, and only ceasar was spamming. As for green D, well, it still worked for most
Ramshi

Postby waflz on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:53 am

Ramshi wrote:
waflz wrote:
Ramshi wrote:

it was still fun, and fair, and only ceasar was spamming. As for green D, well, it still worked for most

i got green (basically) solo on your team, 2 of your rax jorises were negged, and my team spent the entire game spamming me off the crystal/door/etc. i can post the ss if you want me to, but i mean, with 2 people on 1 team being negged and losing green to 1 jan who killed your snowtrooper, and 2 rax jorises by myself.
waflz

Topic author
Local time: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:54 pm

Postby aradorasxeon on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 am

wow leaving for two night and 55 new posts nad PUGS :O
So I wasn't there but I thought sometime we agreed not to spamm on korri pugs (I even forgot how to do that right, but learned close range nade spamm :P )

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."
aradorasxeon

Local time: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:54 am

Postby Ramshi on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 am

waflz wrote:
Ramshi wrote:
waflz wrote:
Ramshi wrote:

i got green (basically) solo on your team, 2 of your rax jorises were negged, and my team spent the entire game spamming me off the crystal/door/etc. i can post the ss if you want me to, but i mean, with 2 people on 1 team being negged and losing green to 1 tesh who killed your snowtrooper, and 2 rax jorises by myself.

yeah i was on your team, i topscored on our team, no i didnt spam mines (only ceasar on the other team did), the only mines i used were to place around pillars/on walls, and everything else was dets. and i was also positive when i was demo on offense
Ramshi

Postby lorax on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:59 am

Silver Absolution wrote:You just can't complain about yesterday's pug. It was a really bad day for everyone, it would seem...

I came back to siege after a year break and did pretty well... Only got sniped once at the beginning and then remembered to guard at all necessary times... still not sure why you were all raging about snipers... they've always been good in the right hands (tensor/duo/etc.) The only reason they aren't played often besides for certain heroic save uses is that they are garbage on hoth due to the atst being op as balls. (which is the only reason why d jan is the best class on that map, and so highly regarded in general)

jan is still really strong, but honestly I think a good defense with defensive mine-users is nearly as good on nar (although you do lose the guaranteed shield save during death, and the demo freeze factor which are still REALLY GOOD)

===== HOW TO WIN AS TESH ON ANY MAP (in order of importance imo):
1. Place your shield to guard the objective (excluding if you'll get raped like hoth#1).
1-b. Freeze any ridiculous vehicles that win the game. ATST, I'm looking at you.
2. Save shield up time. The more you have stored, the less the enemy can fuck with you.
3. Step off if you need to. Losing a second of shield is worth letting a reborn boss fuck with you. Losing a reborn boss for a second of shield is the worst thing ever. EVER. YOU WILL GET RAGED AT BY SOMEBODY (not me, but still). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
4. Do NOT BLOW UP YOUR TEAMMATES. They know it was you. You know it was you. Don't be that guy.
5. Freeze enemies when possible.
6. If your shield dies, be the most annoying cunt in the universe. Body block those reborn boss. Fuck up their jumps. Stand between splash opponents and teammates (or near teammates) so that they have to kill you to kill the other. MAKE THEM WANT TO KILL YOU; neigh, make them NEED to kill you. And bask in the glow that is a NEW SHIELD.
7. Duck and weave. Bunny hop. Screw their aim up. Know when and where to roll for speed boosts (hoth ion cannon, retreating to last objective on nar [on the left side (attackers perspective) you can roll from the hangar onto a box, you will slide over it and you won't stop, then hop to continue (you end up going like 5 times faster than those silly walkers)], a lot of desert, etc.) and also to go between cover in a tight spot. It doesn't always work. But if it works once out of five attempts, it's helping. And every little bit helps.
8. A fact everybody should know. GIVE YOURSELF AMMO (if you are full, leave a pile on the floor for a heroic wookiee to rip the enemy a new one). Jump and aim straight down to throw it below you. When you fall from your jump, you will pick it up instantly. No need to strafe around and pick it up, or lose shield time to resupply yourself. You are jan. You are the mountain. You do not move. You do not bend. You do not break. Men throw themselves against you. You rain rocks upon THEM in their toil AND SMITE THEM DOWN ASUNDER WHERE YOU STAND.
9. "Before the network, there was the fleet.
Before diplomacy, there were soldiers!
Our influence stopped the rachni, but before that we held the line!
Our influence stopped the krogan, but before that, we held the line!
Our influence will stop Saren; in the battle today, WE WILL HOLD THE LINE!!" - Captain Kirrahe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLVFnl3WcE if you want some ME nostalgia.

===== SPECIFICS FOR DESTROYING ON NAR AS TECHNICIAN:
-- Place your shield in (or less than a body's width out from) the key doorway/hangar. Many of the doorways/hangars are placed so that a person can jump/wallrun over/around your shield and bypass it entirely. Don't fuck up the placement. Unless somebody is on your ass, or you're getting lit up by snipers, take a second to put it up. Bad placement is likely to lose you the obj.
-- [TIDBIT FOR RAMSHI] This^ also helps with reborn bosses like how I was getting past you the other night, dropping down from out of view and near instantly rolling past your shield. Putting your shield outside of the entrance gives you a wider field of view to avoid ninjas getting past you. If you're going to have your shield inside the hangar, you have to be on your seat about activating it -OR- get a teammate to mine it for you so that it auto triggers.
-- DO NOT BLOW UP FRIENDLY MINES. Mines are really strong on nar because of how spread out and flat it is. I personally put one or two mines behind near every box/door corner to make them earn every foot and also force one to jan offensively. If you blow the mines up, you are nullifying your teammate (and possibly damaging them!!!!), so a lot of the time it's better to just not secondary demp if it's going to fuck up the defense. yews primary (or pistol if he has it? don't remember) to guide them into paths they don't want to take. And help zone them out for your teammates to get the upper hand in the box whoring war that is nar fights.
-- If you don't already, demp the ceiling to get reborn bosses (assuming they are jumping). The splash will get them if you adjust the aim. (Bonus: it also messes with their momentum which in some places can force them off a ledge to THEIR DEMISE BWAHAHAHAHAHA) It should also avoid most, if not all, of the floor mines your team has placed. I think it also fucks up ninja reborn boss pt-whores because it stops them from throwing and/or pulling, so if they were counting on killing somebody and following up after landing, they are forced into a deadly situation.

Man... now I have no more secrets :( oh wells :lol:
As always, more experienced members are free to completely refute any and all of my tips. I'm sure they are flawed in some respects. I am typing this at 3am after all.
lorax
That one guy.

Local time: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News and Important Info