New Siege Server

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!

Re: New Siege Server

Postby Sakke on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:48 am

We have more active players now than at any point in the last 1-2 years.
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?
Sakke

Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 1:54 am

Postby MajorMajor on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 am

I'd say the last year Sakke not 2 years.

Our intent is not to horribly damage Tempest's traffic. It is to provide a place for our clan to practice and recruit. Also, it is meant to be a fun place to play. Preferably without the 3-4 jan field spam. That is to say our rules, while quite similar, are slightly different.

The new server is considerably smaller than Tempest and will have a different feel of play to it from the huge spam fest when 24+ people are on Tempest. My opinion is Tempest is too cluttered with people sometimes. I enjoy the chaos but not all the time and I'm sure some people feel the same way and would prefer a little more finesse now and then. Its smaller size also means it cannot draw off all of Tempest's traffic.

I feel it would be horribly inconsiderate of us to actively recruit on Tempest and we have not done so. This server is a means of shoring up >RCB< with a small number of new members. Providing a place to train and play matches with the few remaining clans and your new one. I'd like about four new members and unlike the past I plan on being much more selective. We want people who #1 will remain members long term and #2 have good personalities and contribute on our forum.

P.S.

FYI I selected the option on the left when registering which reads "Before 15th of Jun 1996". Your system is glitched it didn't send me an e-mail.

@Tuerkek: Get your head out of your ass and take a few deep breaths. It isn't the end of the siege and I know what I'm doing. Once you've done that come play with us and have some fun.
MajorMajor

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Postby tens0r on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 am

So RCB will accept a match? :)
tens0r

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Postby Sakke on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Always. :)
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?
Sakke

Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed May 29, 2024 1:54 am

Postby GUARD!AN on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:39 pm

MajorMajor wrote:I'd say the last year Sakke not 2 years.

Our intent is not to horribly damage Tempest's traffic. It is to provide a place for our clan to practice and recruit. Also, it is meant to be a fun place to play. Preferably without the 3-4 jan field spam. That is to say our rules, while quite similar, are slightly different.

The new server is considerably smaller than Tempest and will have a different feel of play to it from the huge spam fest when 24+ people are on Tempest. My opinion is Tempest is too cluttered with people sometimes. I enjoy the chaos but not all the time and I'm sure some people feel the same way and would prefer a little more finesse now and then. Its smaller size also means it cannot draw off all of Tempest's traffic.

I feel it would be horribly inconsiderate of us to actively recruit on Tempest and we have not done so. This server is a means of shoring up >RCB< with a small number of new members. Providing a place to train and play matches with the few remaining clans and your new one. I'd like about four new members and unlike the past I plan on being much more selective. We want people who #1 will remain members long term and #2 have good personalities and contribute on our forum.

P.S.

FYI I selected the option on the left when registering which reads "Before 15th of Jun 1996". Your system is glitched it didn't send me an e-mail.

@Tuerkek: Get your head out of your ass and take a few deep breaths. It isn't the end of the siege and I know what I'm doing. Once you've done that come play with us and have some fun.

Those are fair points, I wish you the best of luck major.

I also appreciate everyone for the most part being respectful when posting to this thread. I expect everyone to continue to show respect to RCB.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Postby dadeus on Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:31 pm

wow. I am so surprised at the negative reaction. First if we don't need another server then it will sit empty and the person or persons paying for it will waste money. Secondly, to openly criticize someone or someones for trying to do the same thing that JKA is and that is increase the number of people playing siege even if you don't like the method. the intent is the same.

Then to take aim at a single person or the Clan proves what??

In the end, we have a new siege server, its from the same company as impulse, it has a different mod. and it announces that at least one more clan is fighting for existence.

That is a good thing if you ask me.
dadeus

Topic author

Postby Max Rambone on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

No one was attacking you or your clan....we were simply stating our opinions.

Major made good points in that it isn't really cool to recruit on another clan's server and it is nice to have your own place to practice and enforce your own rules.

I think siege is too far gone for any real competitiveness, in-game or out.

All we were saying is that some people will chose the RCB server and some will chose Impulse and therefore, the traffic will be split.....good or bad, I guess we will find out.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 5:54 pm

Postby GUARD!AN on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:56 am

I just posted saying how appreciative I was of everyone generally being respectful, lol.

We may not agree with the need for another siege server, but we aren't going "RCB sucks omg" (except Turkey's less than kind post about major being over his head).

I think the overall consensus would have been a lot better received for RCB if there was actually an overflow of players available from Tempest is all.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Tue May 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Postby Beeper!!! on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:18 am

I'm kinda late to the debate (heh) - but I know I'll be definitely be playing at both servers! :mrgreen:

Now when is rS! going to meet us in battle on TF2 :D
Sakke - I just have one problem with euro siege.. I and many euroes have totally different opinions regarding how siege is played. I need only two letters. PT.
Turkey - it's spelled hangar you twats, hanger is what we let Yoda commit suicide on
archi ~ Because bragging about being good at a game is a good quality all women look for in a man.
Beeper!!!

Postby tens0r on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 am

Beeper!!! wrote:I'm kinda late to the debate (heh) - but I know I'll be definitely be playing at both servers! :mrgreen:

Now when is rS! going to meet us in battle on TF2 :D

Played TF2 like once. I was pro back in the day at TFC :)

Gimme a week and I'll beat your ass!
tens0r

PreviousNext

Return to News and Important Info