pug night

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.

Re: pug night

Postby Caesar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:08 am

Lectures are terrible regaurdless of what class, but yes you have me there, labs are better.

~Ceasar~
Caesar

Topic author
Highscores: 3
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 5:47 am

Postby Magyk on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 am

Lectures are way better.
I had a lecture this year that was nothing but power point presentations and the power points were uploaded online from Day 1. So all I did was play flash games on my laptop, and review the power points for tests in my own sweet time. Labs actually involve.. doing things. :cry:
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 6:47 am

Postby Roflraptor on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Kind of enjoyed lab sessions this year for my course but the problem is usually when you have to work with others. Plenty of people come into the laboratory without reading up on the prac material beforehand. Doesn't take long to weed out the bad partners and avoid them though. :lol:

Still, I have biochemistry, microbiology and physiology units coming up first trimester next year which all have lab components. Looking forward to what's in store there. Gets even better for the second half of the year with molecular cell biology, biochemical metabolism (bit more specific biochemistry unit), organic chemistry and a combined anatomy and physiology unit; all of them have regular lab sessions.

Next year can't come fast enough, tbh.
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Postby Caesar on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Yns sounds like alot tho.

~Ceasar~
Caesar

Topic author

Postby Turquoise Dragon on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Have fun with microbio. I can practically guarentee you'll be afraid to touch anything after the class is over. My molec bio class was fun, but pretty involved. There's a whole ton of shit that goes on inside cells.
Turquoise Dragon
The Scaled One

Postby Roflraptor on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Turquoise Dragon wrote:Have fun with microbio. I can practically guarentee you'll be afraid to touch anything after the class is over. My molec bio class was fun, but pretty involved. There's a whole ton of shit that goes on inside cells.

Yea, I've been watching some of the lectures for the microbiology unit and the lecturer has discussed a few less than comforting things already. A friend of mine had already done the unit and she sent me the link to this year's microbiology podcast, so I figured I'd get a bit of a head start. I've also seen the textbook that is prescribed for molecular cell biology... it's a big one. :)
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Postby CHEW on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

Roflraptor wrote:
Turky wrote:
Caesar wrote:Hey well scince pug didnt work last sat. I was wondering scince Sunday is a day of rest would it be better to do it say from 3-4 Sunday? I just figured with dates marriges and such... about the only thing I learned in latin was Sunday is a day of rest for many. I know I have parties Saturday and I assume that if you are married you would have your hands full too. Those who attend school weekly whether it be college or highschool, in my case weekdays just wont work. I mean once i get a job they really wont work so..... Especially with homework and projects week days can be hard. well this is just my opinion and it was just me thinking out loud. You know voicing my opinion as my historyy teacher would put it. Any how this is just what would work best for me and who ever has parties etc on sat. I dont know the where-abouts of others on the weekdays so.... whether it be a job or school :( Any how i wrote this from school as my teacher walked around. I had a cover don't worry. If he happened to walk by i had a gemetry book open as a cover-up. You know.. sine cosine... 8-) I often yews this tactic works like a charm! But scince this matter isnt up to me....
Hey any one who wants to dicusss this or anything frther can send me a pm. you know concerning cover-ups girls etc. I think I can give you some good advice. Im an old pro at that type of thing now. Im no socrates tho.

ceasar

Got watermark?

And never underestimate the power of indention.
CHEW

Postby Magyk on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 am

CHEW wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:
Turky wrote:
Caesar wrote:Hey well scince pug didnt work last sat. I was wondering scince Sunday is a day of rest would it be better to do it say from 3-4 Sunday? I just figured with dates marriges and such... about the only thing I learned in latin was Sunday is a day of rest for many. I know I have parties Saturday and I assume that if you are married you would have your hands full too. Those who attend school weekly whether it be college or highschool, in my case weekdays just wont work. I mean once i get a job they really wont work so..... Especially with homework and projects week days can be hard. well this is just my opinion and it was just me thinking out loud. You know voicing my opinion as my historyy teacher would put it. Any how this is just what would work best for me and who ever has parties etc on sat. I dont know the where-abouts of others on the weekdays so.... whether it be a job or school :( Any how i wrote this from school as my teacher walked around. I had a cover don't worry. If he happened to walk by i had a gemetry book open as a cover-up. You know.. sine cosine... 8-) I often yews this tactic works like a charm! But scince this matter isnt up to me....
Hey any one who wants to dicusss this or anything frther can send me a pm. you know concerning cover-ups girls etc. I think I can give you some good advice. Im an old pro at that type of thing now. Im no socrates tho.

ceasar

Got watermark?

And never underestimate the power of indention.

Can't indent on the forums, brah.
Magyk
Graphics Guru

Postby Max Rambone on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:36 am

Damn....I swore I replied to this again.....

Anyway....it was something about me not liking to listen to peeps blow hot air.....I'd rather be doing something than sitting still, listening.....

Oh, and that I passed FreshChem with like a B...one of my fav classes -(the epic lectures).

I don't, however, care for Lab Reports 'cause they are too much like Literature. :/

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 4:47 am

Postby Caesar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 pm

I bout kill myself if i have to sit tho lectures on literature or english. I swear if i have to sit thro another lecture on some forign author im rly gonna.......

~Ceasar~
Caesar

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to Tempest