Not posting here anymore

See all the latest news. New visitors start here!

Not posting here anymore

Postby Laser on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Think it's pretty unfair the way I've been treated recently by admins, going to assume it was anub who did the banning, changed my posting rights, deleted my topics etc.

I don't even have a guarantee that this post will be 'accepted' by the almighty moderator.

So, unless the extremely unlikely happens and the admin in question loses his admin rights, this is my last post.

BYE! :)
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Laser
Kopite

Topic author
Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 4:59 pm

Re: Not posting here anymore

Postby Max Rambone on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Well, dude...gotta say that almost no one will be that sad if you raij from seej....pretty much goes for anyone who's not Clouds.....

Also, spam is always annoying...I equate what you did to a temper tantrum.

AND, stirring shit with a known admin is never really a good idea. They are admins and you are not for various reasons. It's a game I've learned to play well with peeps like trk constantly trying my patience while hoping to make me madmin them.....just stupid.

That being said, I hate to see anyone leave, but it'd be nice if dudes could just get along and embrace the fact that we're all here for a fairly common reason.

Drop the bullshit and man up, dudes....get along and have some fun, plz.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 9:59 am

Postby Roflraptor on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't want to see Laser go, tbh. He should stick around and see how this gets resolved at least.

It would seem your other thread was moved, I assumed it was to somewhere only members like yourself could read it. I suggested in there that if it was deliberate the person involved should probably lose forum moderation privileges and I'll say the same again. We need less of this crap, not more and that means we definitely don't need people with admin joining in on the retarded feuds.

Max Rambone wrote:AND, stirring shit with a known admin is never really a good idea. They are admins and you are not for various reasons. It's a game I've learned to play well with peeps like trk constantly trying my patience while hoping to make me madmin them.....just stupid.

Hah, the idea of being obsequious towards someone just because they are an admin. 'Hay guzzz i neds teh respct i am adminnn.'

I don't think so. All you can expect is to be treated the same way everyone else treats each other on these forums. If that doesn't get cleaned up, people with a one instead of a zero in a certain section of the forum db don't have some mystical reason to miss out on it either.
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:59 am

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm

laser dont go plz
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 am

Postby Max Rambone on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Well, some of the dudes in this community are kinda getting out of hand 'cause they've never had to deal with any consequences of messing things up.

This has really nothing to do with all this, but I would like to see more(other) dudes held accountable for being douche-bags. :) Particularly on Impulse.

Max Rambone wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:I don't want to see Laser go, tbh. He should stick around and see how this gets resolved at least.

It would seem your other thread was moved, I assumed it was to somewhere only members like yourself could read it. I suggested in there that if it was deliberate the person involved should probably lose forum moderation privileges and I'll say the same again. We need less of this crap, not more and that means we definitely don't need people with admin joining in on the retarded feuds.

Max Rambone wrote:AND, stirring shit with a known admin is never really a good idea. They are admins and you are not for various reasons. It's a game I've learned to play well with peeps like trk constantly trying my patience while hoping to make me madmin them.....just stupid.

Hah, the idea of being obsequious towards someone just because they are an admin. 'Hay guzzz i neds teh respct i am adminnn.'

I don't think so. All you can expect is to be treated the same way everyone else treats each other on these forums. If that doesn't get cleaned up, people with a one instead of a zero in a certain section of the forum db don't have some mystical reason to miss out on it either.

I'm not saying that, either.

Dudes don't fully realize that I am quite the reasonable fellow....I don't command any respect just because I'm admin, but it's the simple truth, really....Tens has taught us that, at least.

Just saying in general....if you went to some random board....for say...help with another game or something.

If you are a douche to an admin, chances are you won't be too welcome there.

It's like real life....even if the boss is a douche....you go along or find another job. It is what it is.

I'm totally neutral in all this stuff, but I like to see both sides to every story.

~archi
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Postby Roflraptor on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Max Rambone wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:I don't want to see Laser go, tbh. He should stick around and see how this gets resolved at least.

Well, I'm not saying that, either.

Dudes don't full realize that I am quite the reasonable fellow....I don't command any respect just because I'm admin, but it's the simple truth, really....Tens has taught us that, at least.

Just saying in general....if you went to some random board....for say...help with another game or something.

If you are a douche to an admin, chances are you won't be too welcome there.

It's like real life....even if the boss is a douche....you go along or find another job. It is what it is.

I'm totally neutral in all this stuff, but I like to see both sides to every story.

~archi

I was more making a point about how it needs to be cleaned up for everyone, not just when it's directed at admins.

~roflraptorthemasteroftheuniverseandseveralotherdimensionsexceptthatonewhereeverythingis2dthatplacesucks.
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Postby piipe on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Roflraptor wrote:
~roflraptorthemasteroftheuniverseandseveralotherdimensionsexceptthatonewhereeverythingis2dthatplacesucks.

LooooooooLL xDDD
piipe
Beautiful Dude

Re: Finding a Solution

Postby Roflraptor on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

A nub is In Ur Forum wrote:
Roflraptor wrote:I was more making a point about how it needs to be cleaned up for everyone, not just when it's directed at admins.

Care to elaborate on a plan of action for accomplishing that? The more detail the better. If you get the chance, brainstorm the idea with J3rk, as I know he'd like the same. And I'm curious... have you ever held admin anywhere? Ideally somewhere big... say 100+ total members or at least 20 unique visiting members per day, that kind of thing.

This forum isn't huge. It's not some sort of massive logistical problem. The ratio of admins to users is fairly high compared to other places.

If things get too heated you can simply warn the parties involved to stop. If it continues or spills into other threads, give two, maybe three warnings and edit the offending posts to reflect this. After that, you can then ban for a week. If people see this kind of stuff coming, they have only themselves to blame for being banned.

Surely you have been given moderator privileges in order to yews it at times other than when you're frustrated?

Edit: Didn't really mean that to be so abrasive.
Roflraptor
LoLdIn0

Postby j3rk on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 pm

laze, i know you and nub (and others prolly) have issues but what is the point of leaving in a huff? just stop freaking out dude and hang out and have fun as arch suggested. and yeah, i'm really sick of all the drama myself. drains motivation for realz.

p.s. i'm not trying to handle you or talk down or whatever... i mean, you'll do what you want. but if you stop to think about it i think you may realize that this is a bit of an over reaction. with very minor behavioral modifications on the part of all of us i think siege would be a better place.
4 8 15 16 23 42
j3rk
A nub is In Ur Memories

Postby Max Rambone on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Raptor, I think nub was genuinely trying to extend an offer to you.

~archi

p.s. - eff u and pipe.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Next

Return to News and Important Info