Ban Veader?

Discuss the public siege server Tempest.

Ban Veader

Yes
38%
No
29%
Warn him he will be banned, put him on probation, then ban him if he still doesn't respect rules
33%

Total votes : 21

Ban Veader?

Postby GUARD!AN on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I think it is pretty unanimous from everyone at this point that veader is truly a pain in the ass, as I get complaints from both admins and regular pubbers alike about him.

The argument against banning him so far is that he is a warm body to connect to the server and help keep tempest populated.

The argument for banning him is everywhere else in this post.

Upon regular admin action like silencing, he simply reconnects, and generally does not respect our rules on respect.

I was curious if you guys feel he deserves a ban?
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Topic author
Highscores: 4
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 12:34 pm

Re: Ban Veader?

Postby Sakke on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 pm

The fact taht you even brought this up makes me confident that we need to take action. I know you've been executing a strict ban-as-little-as-possible policy, and when it comes to the poeple in the grey zone, they can be handled. I'm afraid this one is lost though. I promise to fill in his slot.
And I figure we can just deport him to RCB server. Oh wait..
Bob: The Danes aren't a major world power, don't particularly hate us to the extent of suicide bombers, and provide no major benefit; therefore we don't pay them much attention.
Kerafym: Did Yoda just try to make fun of my grammar?
wat?
Sakke

Highscores: 1
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 9:34 pm

Postby Max Rambone on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:09 pm

IMO, he's just an annoying douchebag like many of the "pro" regulars that play on Tempest and even Impulse....just much less skilled.

I haven't seen him do anything but suck and claim he's the greatest.

I, personally, would just tell everyone to /ignore until he actually lames or otherwise directly disrupts the games.

~archi
Eventus stultorum magister.
Max Rambone
Ramboner

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm

Postby Wufei Chang on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:28 pm

plz2ban

takes a lot for me to say that but ive gotten complaints about him as well...
of course same goes for Vinncious and RANGER
2 Mobile Suits to choose from: Blitz , and Altron
Wufei Chang

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Postby Wanderer on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:55 pm

veader? i say ban. adds nothing to the game on desert, just goes destroying bikes for points, a big waste of character slot if you ask me.
Vinn? one time on hoth i was defending, we had no sign anyone had breached CC and defense suddenly lost. i suspect Vinn was defense demo, set up explosives in CC then switched sides. i got no evidence but who would think of recording a demo when they are busy defending infirmary?
xfire: wanderer7
Wanderer

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 1:34 pm

Postby Ranger Bob on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 am

Veader I honestly don't know much about. I vaguely remember seeing him on the server once or twice, but he seemed generally well behaved.
Ranger Bob
troll

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 5:34 am

Postby Enigma on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 pm

There are two situations at which veader specializes that agitate me. First, we're on Desert, veader is on my team, and because he's just sitting there destroying bikes, the team balance is skewed, even though the teams technically *are* even. One extra guy going for the objective does make that much difference in a game, and when you have one or more people just wandering off in the middle of nowhere doing nothing pertaining to the game, it hurts the balance, and thus, the activity of the server. Plus, every now and then, he does kill me with these antics when I try to get on a bike and either he sabers it or another one explodes nearby. (I should also mention that he has killed me many times by blowing up my mines on Hoth and Korriban, and I suspect that it was intentional, though he does a good job of masking it if so).

Second (and this can happen on any map), veader just starts mouthing off to people. Sometimes, he tries to force people to acknowledge him (i.e. when he says hi, and then when no one responds, he'll say "I SAID HI"), and others, he just talks trash either to someone who just killed him or someone he just killed. Since he doesn't have enough skill to justify talking trash, his victims mouth off back to him, and a big drama / trash talk war is started. This also affects the balance of the game, because people are talking instead of playing, but it also affects the mood of the game, which further hurts the activity of the server.

However, if an admin tries to control the situation, veader either lashes out at the admin in a very disrespectful way, avoids the admin's attempts, or both. It's becoming very apparent that he doesn't care about siege, and that he is much more trouble than he is worth. I believe he should be banned. If someone really wants to try and pull him around, they can get him on xfire and talk with him about behavior, and then I might change my mind about it, but only if I see some real changes on his part.
Enigma

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Postby dadeus on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Does Banning Veader help make the server run smoother... YES!!!
dadeus

Postby Wufei Chang on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 pm

he needs some time OFF tempest
2 Mobile Suits to choose from: Blitz , and Altron
Wufei Chang

Postby GUARD!AN on Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 am

Fair enough, next time I see him on Tempest I will connect and personally tell him his situation. He will be banned that day and he can come to these forums to try and convince us to unban him if he wants to return to siege.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Topic author
Highscores: 4
Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 12:34 pm

Next

Return to Tempest