JKA Siege

Discuss our favorite gametype.

Re: JKA Siege

Postby GUARD!AN on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 pm

tens0r wrote:
GUARD!AN wrote:I must say Tensor, you made absolutely no effort to train people or even post rax jorises or something. It is just as much your fault.

No one has potential. I look for who has potential or they are not worth my time. The only person I saw with potential went AFK.

Siege is 90% teaching yourself anyways.

You can still teach them to be less shitty, if not necessarily exceptional. Wufei is the only one I saw who held training sessions, and it showed, every tom dick and harry was ctf det killing and trying to be ninja. I think also, to wufie's hindering, it also gave away a lot of his tactics to the siege community by doing so.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 am

Postby Turky on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

GUARD!AN wrote:and it showed, every tom dick and harry was ctf det killing and trying to be ninja.

/laff

a good demo doesn't need that, and it's especially laffable when rax jorises do it on hoth offense--at the CC, no less.

They fail to realize that in a double K.O., it's the defender that wins because they stopped the enemy from advancing. I remember not long ago watching Wufei ctf detkill on O at CC, and never actually killed anyone except himself. He'd have been better off spamming primary thermals at them.
Turky
dude weighs like 90 pounds

Highscores: 1
Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 9:31 am

Postby GUARD!AN on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 pm

And also Tens, you really underestimate the effectiveness of training sessions. Granted you don't learn EVERYTHING from them, but they give you a solid foundation.

I learned the foundation for some of my most effective desert station demo tactics from a heroic training session. I also learned the foundation for some of my most effective Korriban defense demo tactics from TD training sessions. Granted what they taught me I don't yews today anymore since they are quite outdated, they still gave me the concepts and FOUNDATION I needed to evolve my shit.

Enigma and Sakke both learned a bunch from us about rax jorising and sabering in training sessions.

OMNI, who was once one of the shittiest siegers I have ever seen (he refused to play anything but snowtrooper on hoth O), became a decent demo through TD training sessions.

You really do learn a lot from siege OUTSIDE of live games. I think you can learn more as far as your actual technique goes (it doesn't really matter if you know what to do if you can't do it properly) from just messing around on an empty server with a couple of guys than from pubbing or spectating.
GUARD!AN

–noun
1. guarding; protecting: a guardian deity.
2. a violent, tropical, cyclonic storm of the western North Atlantic, having wind
speeds of or in excess of 72 mph (32 m/sec).
3. (in Gnosticism) one of a class of powers or beings conceived as emanating
from the Supreme Being and performing various functions in the operations of
the universe.
4. a terrifying dream in which the dreamer experiences feelings of helplessness,
extreme anxiety, sorrow, etc.
5. The sensation and muscular spasm caused by an electric current passing
through the body or a body part.
GUARD!AN
Soup Eater

Highscores: 4
Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 am

Postby Turky on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm

the only time I was ever "trained" was when I started hanging with TD. and that was mostly just me picking up on certain habits like sk for spawn and waiting for spawn.

I don't recall any other time I was actually taught or trained to any extent.
Turky

Postby Ranger Bob on Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:29 am

Neither, really. I just picked up a few tricks here and there.
Ranger Bob
troll

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 12:31 am

Postby Ðarth Jedi on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:18 am

RCB one or two training sessions. Thats all :cry:
Ðarth Jedi
First Team
First Team

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:31 pm

Postby jaw4 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:34 am

Turky wrote:the only time I was ever "trained" was when I started hanging with TD. and that was mostly just me picking up on certain habits like sk for spawn and waiting for spawn.

I don't recall any other time I was actually taught or trained to any extent.

Proof that without any training you will remain shitty no matter how many years you have played this game.
jaw4

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 10:31 am

Postby Turky on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:29 pm

the worst consequence of letting the shitties in is the fact that wook trick is acceptable on cargo now. they think that being bad at the game lets them pick the rules.
Turky

Postby Ýô on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:07 pm

lol turk, if u want wookie trick off, start a poll :P

from all the times i played cargo (about 20-25) wookie trick never was forbidden, i dont wanna imagine how hard can be attacking 2nd obj w/o it, this stage is sniper and chewie based, pure hell, besides against a wookie tricking, always can exist a reborn boss blocking bowcaster fire, i honestly dont c W.T. so bad

just my nubish opinion@cargo
Ýô

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 4:31 pm

Postby Duo on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:48 am

The second obj of Cargo is inherently flawed due to poor design.

Without wookiee trick: very easy to hold as D, and if you have a good lando it's gg.
With wookiee trick: forces a member of D to sit there doing nothing as reborn boss to block the wookiee trick, and makes the whole obj center around a guy shooting bolts at a wall over and over.

I think all the objectives after the 2nd are really fun, which is why I prefer to allow the trick and not have super long 2nd obj holds.
Duo

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 6:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to JKA Siege