My 3 Cents

Talk about whatever you wish.

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Ramshi on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 am

Caesar wrote:
Honestly, in my opinion I think it's because all the people who hate homosexuals are straight men who enjoy watching lesbian porn. Which is kind of contradictory because lesbian are homosexual women.



There is an openly "gay" guy at my school. He walks, talks, and dresses like a female. He hangs with several others that parallel his actions. This is what I see daily as "gay". I agree there are some that act reasonably normal, but those who don't give the whole topic a negative connotaiton.


I'm not saying anything about 'not acting normal'. I'm saying that people who are absolute homophobes are usually only so towards the male gender. It does not matter if they act 'normally' as you say. What I'm saying is that men who hate gays usually love lesbians, but say they hate homosexuals.
Image
User avatar
Ramshi
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 am
Karma: 4

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Ranger Bob on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:06 am

Image

Also Ceasar you should expand your knowledge a bit on what gay people are before talking.
Image
User avatar
Ranger Bob
troll
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 am
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 am
Karma: -35

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Ramshi on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 am

Ranger Bob wrote:Image

Also Ceasar you should expand your knowledge a bit on what gay people are before talking.

Wait what?

How does hanging around tall people make you tall?

How do straight parents only raise straight children?

Or is this the point you're trying to make? That reasons against are irrational?
Image
User avatar
Ramshi
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:13 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:08 am
Karma: 4

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Axiw on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 am

^ :lol:
Axiw
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:08 am
Karma: 0

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Magyk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 am

Ramshi...

Image
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:08 pm
Karma: -87

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby MajorMajor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Interesting position Caesar. I don't go for the preordained thing either. That wasn't where I was coming from in #2 on my list when I was talking about biology and God creating them that way. I personally don't believe in predestination. However, if we did take predestination as a given then God's making homosexuals and then turning them into the punching bags of all religion wouldn't seem so sadistic. If it was meant to be then that kind of torture couldn't be wrong then could it?

If I remember correctly "nature found a way" because someone was so stupid they used the DNA from sex changing frogs to fill in the gaps of Dinosaur DNA. So its not really nature then is it? Just some dumbass who didn't think ahead. Thats all a movie/book anyway.

Why are there hermaphrodites? Why are there asexual organisms? The best answer science has is they evolved that way. The best answer religion has is God or some other deity made them that way. Both really similar when you think about it. The point I'm trying to make is that regardless of whether or not they should exist they do exist. So the whether its preordained that they are among us or just random chance we have to deal with living with them or destroying them. Why they came to be is a fruitless question to ask and while how they came to be might be interesting it doesn't tell yews what we should do.

Caesar wrote: When growing up your're always taught a man + a woman = a child.


I think the above is the crux of your problem. You were taught that things "should" be this way. In reality there is no "should" just is or is not. You never expected things could be different. It no doubt is upsetting to you. But make no mistake the problem is yours not that of homosexuals. It is your discomfort. My advice is if you don't want it to bother you then don't let it. Adjust your comfort zone. I don't expect that it'll matter to anyone else but it'll certainly matter to you.

That was my personal advice. Now on to the logical problems with your argument.

Problem #1: Man + Woman /= child. Quite a few couples never have children. Either because they don't want them or because they can't have them. I know a lovely couple (man + woman if I really need to state that) that are so infertile invetro didn't even work for them. They are looking into adoption. The point is, the inability to have children does not automatically mean people aren't meant to be married, or are in some way less human, or more immoral than anyone else and less entitled to basic human descency. Thank you for bringing this one up I forgot to cover it in my list.

Problem #2: I've never met anyone who wanted to become gay. Are you seriously saying you have or are you just assuming and making an ass out of u and me? I already covered this in part 2 problem #3. No rational person would choose to be gay with how badly they are persecuted.

Problem #3: The constitution doesn't say heterosexual people are allowed to marry either. Nowhere in it does it say anything about marriage. Using your reasoning, any rights heterosexual couples have under marriage would be null and void. You are right that Religion itself is a separate entityt but marriage is under the pervue of the church and is a religious ceremony that is RECOGNIZED by the state. It therefore carries certain legal rights.

You completely befuddle me in that I have absolutely no idea why you would have a stake in being against gay marriage without coming to that decision through the religious viewpoint that it is morally wrong. Without that basically all objections to it disappear and I am left with one resounding question. WHY DO YOU CARE whether homosexuals marry or not?

@Ramshi thats why I yews the word homosexual so much. Because it is inclusive of lesbians whereas gay just means homosexual men. I've come to learn that homosexual is a disliked, politically incorrect term in some circles but I still feel its more accurate.

@Magyk your objection to cetain types of gays reminds me of Willem Dafoe's character from Boondock Saints. When he's with his gay lover he makes the comment about fairies.

Caesar wrote:There is an openly "gay" guy at my school. He walks, talks, and dresses like a female. He hangs with several others that parallel his actions. This is what I see daily as "gay". I agree there are some that act reasonably normal, but those who don't give the whole topic a negative connotaiton.
Image


@Caesar & Magyk: So what you see as negative about these people is effeminate behavior coming from men? And no doubt you were condition to think this "should" be wrong. Not only for you but for them. When again its just something that is or is not. Cross dressing and acting effiminate doesn't make these people any less human or something to be despised. I get that its upsetting to you because of your upbringing. Their behavior doesn't fit with what you expect or want in your life. What I think you should recognize again is the problem is yours not anything to do with them. We don't control other people. It'd be like saying "the way that guy is dressed makes me feel like beating the shit out of him (or raping her if its a woman)" and blaming him for you then doing it. The feeling which is yours is your responsibility to control because only you have power over it. And unfortunately feelings can have power over us if we aren't careful. Don't take my word for it. Just watch Star Wars.
Image
MajorMajor
 
Topic author
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:21 pm
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:08 pm
Karma: 0

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Darth_Wayne on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Caesar wrote:I have debated this with almost everyone, including the schools Psychology teacher. I adamantly oppose gay marraige and/or open homosexuality. If man was predeterminedly ordained to be homosexual, why are there two sexes? Why is there a male and female? If homosexuality was meant to be, we would co-exist peacefully in a unisexual world. I argued this with my teacher and his response was, "This is true, but man would die out if only one sex existed....." I quoted Michael Crichton; "Nature will find a way."

When growing up your're always taught a man + a woman = a child. Never once did a here, man + man = child?! I have observed that the only persons who support the movement are either a) gay themselves or b) wish to become gay. (I don't mean this in a derogatory manner)

The group that supports gay "rights," argue that denying the right to be married as a gay couple is Unconstitutional. I have read the Constitution, and not once did I see the words, Gay people are allowed to be married. Therfore the supposed "rights" associated with homosexuality is null and void. To allow open homosexuality, sets poor morales. If society has no morales, then why isn't open cannibalism allowed?

The Church, as stated in the constituion is a seperate entity altogether. Not to sound judgemental, but they should really stay out of this one. If we wanted religious influence, then the U.S would be a theocracy. Just my thoughts. Sorry for the tirade.


I think I lost a couple brain cells reading this shit.
Image
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: In the projects with Puff, the Magic Dragon
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Karma: -73

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Darth_Wayne on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Magyk wrote:IDGAF if you're gay or not, just don't act like a faggot. There is no reason to be unnecessarily peppy, snappily dressed, good at interior design, and you have no fucking reason to talk with a goddamn lisp.


There was this gay dude at my high school who decided to come out one day and suddenly started talking with a fucking lisp. What the fuck man, you don't just develop that overnight.
Image
Darth_Wayne
kera and sfail's fiend
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: In the projects with Puff, the Magic Dragon
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Karma: -73

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Magyk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:30 pm

What I like to say to people all the time is, "I don't have a problem if you're gay, but you don't have to be so gay about it."

Doing all of the things I listed above is if like every black person went around stealing everything, or if every Asian walked around carrying an abacus.

There is literally zero reason to be a walking stereotype just to prove to the world that you're a homosexual.
Image
User avatar
Magyk
Graphics Guru
 
Posts: 4127
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Location: East Coast, USA
Highscores: 3
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:08 pm
Karma: -87

Re: My 3 Cents

Postby Caesar on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:41 pm

I see your point major, however they're a select few at my school who aspire to be "gay." I suppose I should reword my opinion: I don't mind homosexuality, but for god's sake keep it to yourself. It's like Vegas; what happens in Vegas stay in Vegas.
Image
User avatar
Caesar
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 am
Location: US of A
Highscores: 3
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:08 pm
Karma: -7

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron