14 people ingame and pug starting

Talk about whatever you wish.

What to do with them?

7s
8
57%
Lets go 5s as most and let rest spec even if they want to play
5
36%
Split in 2 servers, one group can 4s, other 3s
1
7%
/care 0 its an unlikely situation (I shud pug more)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 14

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Sith on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:06 am

Well, some people won't play desert or korriban because of mines spam.
Last edited by Sith on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith
Lime green
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:20 am
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am
Karma: 3

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby LORD on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 am

Ðarth reborn boss wrote:I agree with everyone who said 7s. Why should we leave other people spec? Jka is a dead game and we are lucky to get enough to play 5s.

Hoth / cargo / nar are not the only maps we can play if you afraid of spam thing. we can play korr with sabers only. I dont see a problem here.

Also keep in mind that NOT all players play just to win. Some of us are back because we love playing together and having fun.


Nothing more to add here. We can play desert or korriban (3 demo limit or sth) while 7s, or even try some big custom map.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!
User avatar
LORD
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am
Karma: -15

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Laser on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:26 am

I didn't mind playing korriban so much (and it's much better with huge teams), when minespam wasn't legitimate, and knockback was set to default (meaning thermals were more effective).

The last couple of times I've played korriban, people spam desperately, and I find it really boring and stupid. The players advocating it cite 'protected jan'; so what? As if the map isn't hard enough for people playing on offence already, why would you want to take away an advantage by allowing minespam?

All anyone gets when they bring this up, though, is angry minespam advocates calling them pussies, usually without any justification. This is just my opinion, if the majority of players want to play with these rules, that's absolutely fine, korriban is no great loss to me.

That was a little off-topic though, I'm all for big teams on big maps, or limiting classes on smaller maps.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Laser
Kopite
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:15 am
Highscores: 1
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:10 pm
Karma: -9

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby LORD on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 am

Knockback powers up the ,,feelinng" of spam, at any explosive weapon. So at least for korriban it should be turned off. Many times game was broken because defending chewie was killed by teammate mines or thermals. If u guys love knockback so much ok let it be but not at korri plz.
Or at least we should make knockback vote everytime playing korr.
And about spam, its better w/o it but its hard to prove and execute it from all players.
Even when we played korri with minespam allowed i didnt spam at all, or just once per 30 min round.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!
User avatar
LORD
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am
Karma: -15

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby aradorasxeon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:12 am

LORD wrote:Even when we played korri with minespam allowed i didnt spam at all, or just once per 30 min round.



Same here, because old habits die hard. And I am very used to not spamming.
Image

2014.05.05. Thanks for al the fun!

"Nah, I go."
User avatar
aradorasxeon
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:16 pm
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am
Karma: 0

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Blackout on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:47 am

It's having knockback on 0 that makes spam necessary, because you end up with the situation of a protected jan at the objective and no way of removing them by knocking them away with thermals. It also allows a chewie to stand next to mines and hold down pull without any consequences to that chewie. I don't mind playing Korriban but minespam is terrible and having knockback on 0 is a way of vindicating it.
Image
User avatar
Blackout
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 am
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:10 pm
Karma: 0

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Caesar on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 am

It's having knockback on 0 that makes spam necessary, because you end up with the situation of a protected tesh at the objective and no way of removing them by knocking them away with thermals. It also allows a chewie to stand next to mines and hold down pull without any consequences to that chewie. I don't mind playing Korriban but minespam is terrible and having knockback on 0 is a way of vindicating it.



my nigga
Image
User avatar
Caesar
 
Posts: 893
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 am
Location: US of A
Highscores: 3
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:10 pm
Karma: -7

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby LORD on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:53 am

Caesar wrote:
It's having knockback on 0 that makes spam necessary, because you end up with the situation of a protected tesh at the objective and no way of removing them by knocking them away with thermals. It also allows a chewie to stand next to mines and hold down pull without any consequences to that chewie. I don't mind playing Korriban but minespam is terrible and having knockback on 0 is a way of vindicating it.



my nigga


Guys u really shouldnt play korriban. Protected jan? yews pull or grip, jan using absorb? throw det, also some sabering could help. This map seems too hard for u.
GhouL WanT MeaT !!!
User avatar
LORD
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm
Local time: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am
Karma: -15

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Laser on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 am

LORD wrote:
Caesar wrote:
It's having knockback on 0 that makes spam necessary, because you end up with the situation of a protected tesh at the objective and no way of removing them by knocking them away with thermals. It also allows a chewie to stand next to mines and hold down pull without any consequences to that chewie. I don't mind playing Korriban but minespam is terrible and having knockback on 0 is a way of vindicating it.



my nigga


Guys u really shouldnt play korriban. Protected jan? yews pull or grip, jan using absorb? throw det, also some sabering could help. This map seems too hard for u.


Dude making it personal for no reason. I think he made some valid points. Also, rax jorises (yeno, that class that throws mines) don't have grip and only have pull 1, so what's your point?
Last edited by Laser on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Laser
Kopite
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:15 am
Highscores: 1
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:10 pm
Karma: -9

Re: 14 people ingame and pug starting

Postby Duo on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:10 am

LORD wrote:This map seems too hard for u.

scared americunts c0 tanmap players lol rap3d!!!!!!!!!!1
Image
User avatar
Duo
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Chile
Local time: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:10 pm
Karma: -25

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron